After all the collecting and counting up, Billericay Lions and the many generous locals managed to raise the grand sum of £8,165 – even more than 2015!
Thank you from everyone involved!
In December 2016, Essex Ford is marking 7 years of providing specially signwritten vehicles to power the Billericay Lions Santa Sleigh on its tour around Billericay to raise funds for charities.
For 11 days, the Santa Sleigh – powered by Essex Ford's Ford Kuga in a unique Christmas jumper design – will follow the routes listed below to bring a little magic to the children of Essex in return for donations.
Over the past 7 years, Essex Ford has really enjoyed designing these special vehicles to help raise over £40,000 for local charities and organisations, such as Brighter Opportunities through Supported Play, Basildon Borough Citizens Advice Bureau, Billericay Youth Town Council's Urban Games, Lukes Counselling Service for Children and Young People, the Neighbourhood Watch scheme, and Hamelin House. Some funds have also gone to young people needing worthwhile sponsorship and those with disabilities.
International charities have included Chernobyl Children's Project, WaterAid, the Lions International Disabled Swimming Gala, and Lions Sightsavers.
If you visited Billericay Christmas Market on Sunday 4th December, you'd have seen the 2016 Sleigh which will pull Santa around Billericay throughout the month.
We are offering children under the age of 11 years old the chance to design next year's sleigh and we hope you picked up one of our colouring in templates on the day. If not, just click on the download button below, open the PDF and print it out.
Please see below the Terms & Conditions* for this competition. Good luck – Santa is watching!
|Date||Time||Route or Location|
|Saturday||10th||5pm – 8pm||Queens Park||Route|
|Wednesday||14th||6:30pm – 8:30pm||South Ridge / Meadow Rise||Route|
|Thursday||15th||6:30pm – 8:30pm||South Green||Route|
|Friday||16th||10am – 4pm|
6:30pm – 8:30pm
|Billericay Car Park (behind Iceland)|
Tye Common Road area
|Saturday||17th||10am – 4pm|
5pm – 8pm
|Waitrose Supermarket, High Street, Billericay|
|Sunday||18th||11am – 5pm||Waitrose Supermarket, High Street, Billericay||Location|
|Monday||19th||6:30pm – 8:30pm||Mountnessing Road / Bluebell Wood||Route|
|Tuesday||20th||6:30pm – 8:30pm||Lower Perry Street / Brightside||Route|
|Wednesday||21st||6:30pm – 8:30pm||Perry Street / Hillhouse Drive||Route|
|Thursday||22nd||6:30pm – 8:30pm||Norsey View Drive / Lampern Crescent||Route|
|Friday||23rd||9am – 3pm|
6:30pm – 8:30pm
|Tesco Supermarket, Mayflower Retail Park, A127 Basildon|
The Vale / Brookside / Norsey Farm
In 2015, Santa pounced upon a Ford Kuga to tow his sleigh through the highways and byways of Billericay.
After all the collecting and counting up, Billericay Lions and the many generous locals managed to raise the grand sum of £8,112.
1. The Essex Ford ‘Santa's Christmas Wrapping Contest’ prize ('Prize') is subject to the following conditions.
2. The prize consists of: an adapted version of the winner’s design to be used as the vinyl wrap on Essex Ford’s vehicle for Billericay Lions Christmas collections in 2017.
3. The prize is open to UK residents only, who are younger than 11 years old.
4. Employees of Essex Ford / Essex Auto Group, its dealers, printers and agencies (including their families) are not eligible to take part in the competition.
5. To enter the competition entrants must:
(i) Design a wrap for Essex Ford’s New Ford Kuga including the words “Essex Ford” using the template provided.
(ii) Submit your design on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in a publicly viewable post with the hashtag #EssexFordXmas.
6. No third party or bulk entries.
7. Competition runs 5th to 23rd December 2016.
8. The winner will be selected by Essex Ford’s Senior Graphic Designer after the closing date.
9. The winner will be notified via a post on Facebook/Twitter by 30th December.
10. If winner does not establish contact with Essex Ford by the end of January 2017, the prize will be withdrawn and redistributed.
11. The winner may be required to take part in publicity (including photographs). The winner’s name may be disclosed in advertising and marketing material.
12. By entering you are allowing Essex Ford / Essex Auto Group to use your name on their website and social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to announce the winner.
13. Essex Ford / Essex Auto Group will not be responsible for any lost, non-publicly viewable or incomplete entries.
14. Essex Ford’s / Essex Auto Group’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. The prizes must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative to prizes will be offered and the prizes are not transferable. The promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances makes this necessary. The winning design will be reproduced as faithfully as possible, but has to be adapted in order to fit the vehicle and uphold Essex Ford’s brand values.
17. In the event that any winner is unable to accept the prize for any reason they must notify Essex Ford immediately. In this circumstance, Essex Ford reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
18. The promoter is Essex Auto Group (trading as Essex Ford), Head Office, Dunton Ford Link, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6GB.
19. Essex Ford / Essex Auto Group shall not be held responsible for any cancellation of Billericay Lions Christmas collections in 2017, which may be due to circumstance outside their control, including – but not limited to – adverse weather conditions. There will be no alternative offer in respect of any such cancellation.
20. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not responsible to participants in respect of any aspect of this competition. By entering this competition you are providing information to Essex Ford / Essex Auto Group and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.